Today, Renfrew County and District Health Unit (RCDHU) is announcing that an extra shipment of vaccine has been allocated to Renfrew County and District (RCD), allowing new COVID-19 vaccination appointments to open by the end of the week. Please monitor the website for upcoming availability of appointments.
Additionally, eligibility for the COVID-19 Vaccine Weekly Extra Dose Sign-Up List is expanding to include:
• Residents who have received their first dose on or before May 9th, 2021.
• Residents who have not yet received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
• Residents 70 years of age and older.
• High risk health care workers.
• Indigenous residents (on or off reserve) and non-indigenous partners or household members.
The Extra Dose Sign-Up List allows residents to be called for last minute or same day appointments that open at various clinics across RCD. If you want your name on the list, you must sign up every Monday morning for the current week. This Extra Dose Sign-Up List is not in place of booking an appointment and everyone should continue to book appointments as they become available. To add your name to the Weekly Extra Dose Sign-Up List, click https://bit.ly/3wFWMVY or visit www.rcdhu.com and click on the COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout webpage and scroll down to the link for the Weekly Extra Dose Sign-Up List.
For more information, visit RCDHU’s website at https://www.rcdhu.com/novel-coronavirus- covid-19-2/ or call 613-732-3629 or 1-800-267-1097.