Access to specialists through Telemedicine
The Deep River & District Hospital provides access to the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN). Using live two-way videoconferencing equipment we can help deliver clinical care and distance education among healthcare professionals and patients.
This service provides:
- Timely access to specialists throughout Ontario
- Reduced travel time and expense
- Care closer to home
Some of the specialty clinics currently being offered in Deep River include:
- Mental Health
Access to other specialists may be available upon request.
How to Get a Referral
- Ask your physician if your referral to a specialist is suitable for telemedicine.
- Ask your specialist if he/she uses telemedicine.
- If your specialist agrees then the physician/specialist will contact the telemedicine coordinator to arrange the appointment.
For further information you can contact the Deep River & District Hospital Telemedicine Coordinator at: 613-584-3333 extension 147.