Connected to Your Health
What is MyChart?
MyChart is a secure, online patient portal that makes it easy for you to access your health information from anywhere, at any time and at no cost. Using MyChart can help you to manage and engage in your health care. *
Why Use MyChart?
By actively participating in your health care, where possible, evidence suggests that care is safer, and much better health outcomes are possible. MyChart is one way that patients can engage in their own care.
With MyChart, you can see your:
- after-visit summaries
- upcoming appointments
- test results
- progress notes
- discharge summaries
- medical imaging reports and more!
You can also record your medications, allergies, and health measurements, such as blood pressure and weight.
What information is in MyChart?
You can access information and results for anything you had done at the following health-care partner facilities:
- Deep River & District Hospital
- The Ottawa Hospital
- The University of Ottawa Heart Institute
- Renfrew Victoria Hospital
- St. Francis Memorial Hospital
- Hawkesbury and District General Hospital
- The Ottawa Hospital Academic Family Health Team
- Kemptville District Hospital
- Winchester and District Memorial Hospital
How Do I Sign Up?
Choose any of these options:
- Ask registration staff to sign you up when you are registering, or
- Use the MyChart activation code on your After-Visit Summary, or
- Complete a paper form and present government issued photo ID to Health Records to request an activation code. Your activation code will then be emailed to you.
How Do I Receive Notifications?
If you have notifications turned on, you will get an email or notification to the MyChart mobile app when tests, labs, or reports are ready and available to view on your MyChart. Your results will be reviewed with you at your next appointment. If your results are more medically urgent, someone from our health care team will call you sooner to discuss. It's important to know you have a choice when to review your results, and notifications can be easily turned off.
Want More Information?
Contact MyChart support staff by calling 613-584-3333 ext. 7150
* If you are accessing MyChart from outside Canada, please be advised that your Personal Health Information may be transferred over and maintained on computer servers outside of Canada where the privacy laws may not be as protective.