The Four Seasons Lodge
The Four Seasons Lodge Home is a client-focused, long-term care environment located at the Deep River and District Hospital. Established in June 2003, The Home is committed to providing quality care in a home-like atmosphere with a respectful manner recognizing the individual needs of each resident.
Our Philosophy of Care
We provide a resident-focused living environment using an interdisciplinary team of professional staff and volunteers. We believe in a wellness model of care which maintains and enhances the quality of life for each individual resident. We strive to maximize independence and individual strengths and capabilities to promote the health of the body, mind and spirit.
We strive for continuous quality improvement through communication, productive interdisciplinary team work, mutual pride and respect between staff and community. Our dedicated staff provides the Home's residents with quality professional care and personal services. There is a large dining and living area, a chapel and a secured outdoor courtyard area with a garden overlooking a pristine forested area.
Admission to The Four Seasons Home is through the Placement Coordination Service of the Champlain Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) 613 732-7007 or 1-888-421-2222.
Residents' and Family Council
A joint Residents' and Family Council made up of and representing all residents and families in our Long-Term Care Home gather on a monthly basis. The Council provides residents and family members with an opportunity to promote residential rights, autonomy and decision making, and serves as a means by which residents maintain a degree of control over their lives and share in the management of their home.
The Council meets on a monthly basis to discuss changes and concerns affecting the residents’ quality of life. During these meetings residents can share input and provide feedback on programs, activities and other occurrences in the home. This forum allows residents the opportunity to network, share information and keep up to date on any new or upcoming changes or events happening in their home. Minutes are posted in the home.
Services Provided at the Four Seasons Lodge
One basic accommodation rate provides residents with most of day-to-day needs. The nursing team is made up of experienced Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and Personal Support Workers who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The following is a list of services that are provided to each Resident as part of the standard fee:
- Nursing and personal care on a 24-hour basis including the administration of medications and assistance with activities of daily living.
- On-site medical care provided by physicians who makes regular visits to the Home.
- Supplies, equipment and devices necessary for the provision of medical, nursing and personal care and activities of daily living.
- Supplies and equipment for personal hygiene and grooming, including skin care lotions and powders, shampoos, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, denture cups and cleansers, toilet tissue, facial tissue, hair brushes, combs, disposable razors, shaving cream, incontinence products and feminine hygiene products.
- Meal service and meals, including three meals daily, snacks between meals and at bedtime, special and therapeutic diets, dietary supplements and assistance devices for self-feeding.
- Social, recreational and physical activities and programs, including the appropriate supplies and equipment.
- Rehabilitation services including some supplies and equipment.
- Laundry service including labelling, machine washing and drying of personal clothing.
- Bedding and linens including mattresses, pillows, bed linens, wash cloths and towels.
- Bedroom furnishings including an adjustable bed with adjustable bed rails, a bedside table, dresser, side table, lamp, a comfortable easy chair and curtains.
- Standard accommodation and an option to upgrade to preferred accommodation.
- Cleaning and upkeep of the Home.
- Personal equipment is to be provided by you or your family members e.g. wheelchairs, walker.
For your information, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care sets the daily and monthly rates for all types of accommodation. Each year they advise provincially regulated centres what they can charge residents to cover a resident’s accommodations fees. There are some rate reductions that can, when appropriate, be extended to those who are unable to pay the basic rate for standard accommodations. Our Financial Clerk in the Administration office will be able to assist you in determining whether you are eligible for these reductions. Please note you may be charged interest for missed, incomplete or late payments.
Some of the Recreational Activities at Four Seasons Home include:
- Chair exercise classes
- Sing a longs
- Playing Cards
- Musical Entertainment
- Fresh air walks
- Church Services
- Pet Therapy
- Seasonal Parties throughout the year
- Visits from school children
- Bowling, out to lunch, picnics, spring and fall drives.
View the May Recreation Calendar
Meals and Nutrition Services
We offer a pleasurable, unhurried and social dining atmosphere. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the dining room located just down the hall from your room. In addition, we offer snacks in between meals in the morning, afternoon and evening.
Our three week menu cycle is based on the Eating Well with Canada’s Food Guide. To meet individual dietary needs we offer regular and therapeutic diets with planned alternative menu choices for beverages, entrees, vegetables and desserts. We also schedule menu theme days to acknowledge traditional holidays, cultural themes and other special occasions.
We have large posted daily menus as well as seven days advance posting of the menus for the week in the dining room. We also provide sample food plates to assist in your selection of the meal.
A Clinical Dietitian who maintains the nutrition programs and menus to ensure that residents receive their appropriate diet and nutrition interventions.
Each room has a television outlet for Cable television. Your or your family members are responsible for contacting the cable company to arrange service.
You are able to have telephone services in your bedroom; however it is your responsibility to contact the telephone service provider directly to initiate this service.
Limited wifi is available free of charge.
While we do not wish to disrupt our residents or their visitors, staff are legislated to practice fire safety procedures. Fire drills are conducted occasionally for the safety of residents and staff.
It is important to conduct these drills, so that in the event of a real fire, staff and residents are confident and prepared to handle any situation.