Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 Information and Resources
For information on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit the Renfrew County and District Health Unit website by clicking here, or visit the Government of Ontario's COVID-19 website by clicking here.
Public Health Ontario has a number of helpful resources and fact sheets:
individual responsibility at this time is to minimize the spread of the virus
and the impending impact on our healthcare system. We urge you to wash your
hands and stay home. The more successful we are at social distancing as a community, the
better chance we have at minimizing the impact of COVID-19.
For an article on the COVID-19 virus writtten by members of the Microbiology/Virology team at the Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA), click here.
Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre
What is the Renfrew
County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre?
Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre (RC VTAC) is a new pandemic
healthcare service to reduce the demand on Emergency Departments and provide
Renfrew County residents, who do not have a family physician or cannot access
their family physician, with the appropriate level of care when they have any
health concern (including concerns related to COVID-19).
Who can access it?
Renfrew County resident who has a health concern (including concerns related to
COVID-19) and does not have a family physician or cannot access their family
How can I access the
your OHIP card ready
medical receptionist will take your details and arrange for a physician or
nurse practitioner to contact you via telephone.
How does the Centre
RC VTAC is a virtual solution that allows nurse practitioners, physicians
and/or community paramedics to assess and manage health concerns in multiple
ways depending on a person’s needs.
assessments and diagnostic testing by community paramedics
monitoring and alerting and if necessary, escalation to a designated team of
physicians and allied health professionals for the management of patients with
to other services including mental health support
Where can I learn more?
and volunteers are not permitted at this time.
- Special arrangements may be
considered on a case-by-case basis for residents or patients that are very ill
or are receiving palliative care. Immediate family members are the only
individuals who may be considered ‘essential’ visitors, and only two
‘essential’ visitors will be permitted at a time. 'Essential' visitors will be actively screened and those who fail screening will not be permitted to enter.
- All individuals entering the organization must enter through the
Emergency Department entrance and screening station.
- Those who ‘fail’ the
screening process will not be permitted to enter.
Suspended or Limited Services
services are being suspended or reduced, in line with provincial and regional
direction, to ensure the organization has the capacity to respond to increased
care needs in relation to COVID-19. A focus on critical functions and providing
care through virtual or telephone visits will be the priority at this time.
Suspended services include:
- Outpatint Physiotherapy
- Evening and weekend Ultrasound
- Bone Mineral Density Screening
- Ontario Breast Screening / Mammography
- Volunteer programming including the Gift Shop
- Outpatient Programming such as Speech Language Therapy and Smoking Cessation
Services that are being reduced, or offered through alternative formats, include:
- Primary Care (North Renfrew Family Health Team)
Services being offered by appointment only include:
- Effective March 31, 2020 the Diagnostic Imaging Department will only be doing out-patient X-Rays by appointment Monday – Friday, between the hours of 9:00 am and 11:00 am. Family Doctors or Nurse Practitioners will fax requisitions to the Diagnostic Imaging Department, who will then call patients to schedule an appointment.
- Effective April 6, 2020 the Laboratory will only be completing blood tests by appointment on Mondays and Tuesdays, between the hours of 7:30 am and 11:00 am. To book your next blood work appointment at the Deep River and District Hospital, please call 613-584-3333 ext. 7850.
Emergency Department remains open for emergency care.
- We ask that you do not
attend the Emergency Department unless it is a clear emergency.
seeking emergency care are only permitted to have one person accompany them.
Family Health Team Patients
The Family Health Team will be doing
things differently to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and keep our patients
safe. Our goal is to minimize potential exposure to as many people as possible,
while freeing up resources to attend to those who require urgent care. Click here to visit the Family Health Team page for more information.