Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 Information and Resources
For information on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit the Renfrew County and District Health Unit website by clicking here, or visit the Government of Ontario's COVID-19 website by clicking here.
Public Health Ontario has a number of helpful resources and fact sheets:
individual responsibility at this time is to minimize the spread of the virus
and the impending impact on our healthcare system. We urge you to wash your
hands and stay home. The more successful we are at social distancing as a community, the
better chance we have at minimizing the impact of COVID-19.
For an article on the COVID-19 virus writtten by members of the Microbiology/Virology team at the Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA), click here.
Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre
What is the Renfrew
County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre?
Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre (RC VTAC) is a new pandemic
healthcare service to reduce the demand on Emergency Departments and provide
Renfrew County residents, who do not have a family physician or cannot access
their family physician, with the appropriate level of care when they have any
health concern (including concerns related to COVID-19).
Who can access it?
Renfrew County resident who has a health concern (including concerns related to
COVID-19) and does not have a family physician or cannot access their family
How can I access the
your OHIP card ready
medical receptionist will take your details and arrange for a physician or
nurse practitioner to contact you via telephone.
How does the Centre
RC VTAC is a virtual solution that allows nurse practitioners, physicians
and/or community paramedics to assess and manage health concerns in multiple
ways depending on a person’s needs.
assessments and diagnostic testing by community paramedics
monitoring and alerting and if necessary, escalation to a designated team of
physicians and allied health professionals for the management of patients with
to other services including mental health support
Where can I learn more?
- COVID-19 testing is currently available twice a week at the Deep River and District Hospital, by appointment only.
- Testing is done in a trailer located in the parking lot, not inside the organization. Please follow signage and direction provided when you arrive.
- Call 1-844-727-6404 to book your appointment (phone line is 24/7).
- Results are available via the RC VTAC Patient Portal within 36 to 72 hours.
- All individuals entering the organization must enter through the
Emergency Department entrance and screening station.
Universal Masking in Effect
- Universal masking is in effect
at the Deep River and District Hospital and North Renfrew Family Health Team.
- All persons in the building must wear a procedure mask (excluding children under 2, those who are unable to remove the mask themselves or those that would exacerbate their condition by wearing one).
- Please arrive in your own mask, and then a procedure mask will be provided to you during the screening process.
Suspended or Limited Services
services are gradually being resumed, in line with provincial and regional
direction. A focus on critical functions and providing
care through virtual or telephone visits will remain the priority at this time.
Suspended services include:
- Outpatint Physiotherapy
- Evening and weekend Ultrasound
- Bone Mineral Density Screening
- Volunteer programming including the Gift Shop
- Outpatient Programming such as Speech Language Therapy and Smoking Cessation
Services that are being reduced, or offered through alternative formats, include:
- Primary Care (North Renfrew Family Health Team)
Services being offered by appointment only include:
- The Diagnostic Imaging Department will be doing out-patient X-Rays and ultrasounds by appointment Monday – Friday. Family Doctors or Nurse Practitioners will fax requisitions to the Diagnostic Imaging Department, who will then call patients to schedule an appointment.
- Effective June 6, the mammorgraphy and Ontario Breast Screening Program will start offering services that may have been dealyed due to the pandemic. New referrals are being accepted, and patients
that are due for a mammogram are encouraged to call and make an appointment by calling 613-732-1463 and requesting that the appointment be made in Deep River.
- The Laboratory will be completing blood tests by appointment Monday to Friday, between the hours of 7:30 am and 11:30 am. To book your next blood work appointment at the Deep River and District Hospital, please call 613-584-3333 ext. 7607.
Emergency Department remains open for emergency care.
- We ask that you do not
attend the Emergency Department unless it is a clear emergency.
seeking emergency care are permitted to have one person accompany them if they are under 16 years of age, or require support.
Family Health Team Patients
- The Family Health Team has moved to virtual appointments to ensure patient and staff safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.