COVID-19 Information and Resources
General COVID-19 Information
Where do I find the most current information about the Renfrew County vaccine rollout?
For up-to-date information about COVID-19 vaccination clinics, please visit the Renfrew County and District Health Unit website.
What is my next step if I think I may have COVID-19?
Complete the Government of Ontario’s online COVID-19 self-assessment tool. If testing is recommended, access Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre’s online booking system here or call the 24/7 phone line at 1-844-727-6404.
Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre
What is the Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre?
The Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre (RC VTAC) is a pandemic healthcare service that helps to reduce the demand on Emergency Departments and provide residents, who do not have a family physician or cannot access their family physician, with the appropriate level of care when they have any health concern (including concerns related to COVID-19).
VTAC also delivers COVID-19 testing in the community (i.e. drive-thru testing clinics)
Who can access it?
Any Renfrew County resident.
How can I access the Centre?
- For a physician assessment, call 1-844-727-6404
- For COVID-19 testing, call 1-844-727-6404 to book your COVID-19 test (if eligible)
- Have your OHIP card ready
Where can I learn more?
Click here to visit www.rcvtac.ca
Visitor and Essential Caregiver Information
Coming to DRDH and Screening
- The organization has moved away from active screening for those entering the hospital and family health team, as of July 1.
- Instead of being screened at entry, patients will now be screened at their destination within the organization.
- Both the Main Entrance and Emergency Department doors are open for people to enter and exit the organization.
- Signage is in place prompting people to wash their hands and take a fresh mask to wear while they are in the building.
- Active screening remains in place for the Four Seasons Lodge Long-Term Care Home, and the screening desk has been relocated to the hallway outside of the entrance to the home.
Universal Masking in Effect
- Universal masking is in effect.
- All persons in the building must wear a fresh procedure mask while they are in the building (excluding children under 2, those who are unable to remove the mask themselves or those that would exacerbate their condition by wearing one).
- Procedure masks are available at our entrances.
Emergency Department remains open for emergency care.
- We ask that you do not
attend the Emergency Department unless it is a clear emergency.
- We ask that patients
seeking emergency care have only one person accompany them if they are under 16 years of age, or require support.
Family Health Team Patients
- The North Renfrew Family Health Team is now accepting requests for both “Virtual” and “In-Clinic” appointments.
COVID-19 Public Resources
Click here to visit the Renfrew County and District Health Unit website
Click here to visit the Government of Ontario's COVID-19 website
Click here to visit the Public Health Ontario website