Admission to the Hospital
Planning your visit and stay will help make your experience more relaxed and trouble-free. Please consider our list of what to bring and not bring to the hospital.
What to bring:
- Your Health Card.
- Photo identification that clearly shows your name, address and date of birth.
- Proof of supplementary insurance coverage, if you have it. Please bring the certificate or card that shows the name of the insurance company and policy/certificate group plan number.
- Bring all current medications, including prescription and non-prescription/over-the-counter medications, in their original containers and packaging.
- If you use eyeglasses, dentures and/or a hearing aid, please bring them with you. For your hearing aid, remember to bring along extra batteries.
- Although we provide patient gowns, you may want your own pajamas or nightgown, bathrobe, slippers and a pair of sturdy shoes with non-slip soles.
- You will also need a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, brush or comb, body/hand lotion (unscented only), cosmetics and shaving items.
What to leave at home:
- All valuables, including rings, watches, jewelry, important papers or documents, items of sentimental value.