The Deep River and District Hospital has 16 acute care beds.
We provide ward, semi-private and private accommodation.
Ward accommodation is covered by OHIP. You may choose to upgrade to semi-private (or private only when available), at an additional cost. Check your insurance coverage prior to admission to determine if you are covered for an upgrade. If not, you may choose to upgrade at your own cost.
Our Health Care Team
We have a team approach to your health care at the Deep River and District Hospital. Your team may include any of the following:
- Registered Nursed (RNs)
- Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs)
- Other staff and volunteers
We work together with you and your family to ensure you receive excellent safe patient care during you stay with us.
What to Bring
- Current Health Card
- Photo Identification that shows your name, address and date of birth.
- Proof of Insurance Coverage, if you have private coverage. The card or certificate of insurance must show the name of you insurance company and your policy/certificate group plan number.
- All medications you are currently taking including prescription and non-prescription medications, in their original containers and packaging.
- Eyeglasses, Dentures, Hearing Aids (with extra batteries) as applicable.
- You may bring you own nightwear, slippers and or shoes.
- Please bring personal products such as toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, brush or comb, body/hand lotion (unscented), cosmetics and shaving items.
Do Not bring valuables such as jewelry, rings, watches, important documents or items of significant sentimental value.
What to Expect
Patient meals are served at the following times:
- Breakfast 8:15 am to 8:30 am
- Lunch 11:45 am to 12:15 pm
- Dinner 4:45 pm -5:15 pm
Telephone, TV and Internet services are available in patient rooms. There is a fee for TV service.
All patients admitted to our hospital will receive an identification wristband with their name on it. This wristband must be worn during your entire stay with us. Your healthcare team will check your wristband regularly and ask your name. This is a common practice in all hospitals, to ensure patient safety and proper delivery of care.
613-584-3333 Extension 7400
10:00 am to 11:30 am
5:30 pm to 7:00 pm