The Deep River & District Hospital
The Deep River & District Hospital is part of the North Renfrew Health Campus and includes:
- Deep River and District Hospital
- Deep River and Area Food Bank
- Four Seasons Lodge (Long Term Care)
- North Renfrew Family Health Team
- North Renfrew Family Services
- Deep River and District Physiotherapy Center
The town is filled with history, culture, and natural beauty. From beaches to mountains, Deep River embraces a spectacular tract of unspoiled, tree-lined valley scenery and back-to-nature activities that beckon visitors from around the world.
With a scenic location on the wooded banks of the Ottawa River and our proximity to many more inland pleasures, Deep River offers an array of sports and outdoor adventures with a rich cultural mosaic and festive community calendar throughout all four seasons.
The Deep River & District Hospital has been actively engaged with the Champlain LHIN since the LHIN’s inception and incorporates the planning and integration priorities of the LHIN into the development of its strategic plans.
The Deep River and District Hospital receives funding from the Champlain Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). The opinions expressed in this publication do not necessarily represent the views of the Champlain Local Health Integration Network.
Mission, Vision, Values
Caring for every person like a loved one, within an integrated health system.
An excellent, compassionate health care experience, every time.
- We improve the quality of life in our client communities through education and leadership in health care services.
- We focus on both the quality of care and the quality of caring
- We value and support our community of care-givers.
- We deliver high quality health care services close to home and facilitate access to secondary and tertiary care as needed.
- We manage our affairs prudently within our financial realities and regulatory compliance requirements.
- We ensure the highest levels of patient safety.
- We ensure a safe working environment for our care-givers.
- We have the courage to evaluate and embrace new operational methods, practices and technologies.
- We champion collaboration and partnership with other Health Service Providers to ensure seamless and efficient health care.
- We are honest and transparent in all we do.
- We respect and maintain the highest levels of client privacy.
- We adhere to the highest level of professional standards and respect in our interactions with each other, with our clients, and with our service partners.
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Deep River and District Hospital we are pleased to share with you our 2018-2022 Strategic Plan, a key governance responsibility.
Our health care system is undergoing constant change and increasing demands that exceed available resources. We must embrace this situation and how we provide care must be a reflection of these changing circumstances. Building on our strong foundation of dedicated and compassionate staff and physicians, we will continue to find innovative and collaborative ways to manage our resources wisely and at the same time improve the patient experience with ever higher quality outcomes.
Our Strategic Plan establishes a local directive for a strong future course for Deep River and District Hospital and our communities. This framework allows us to think strategically and act with a clear purpose. It helps us set priorities among competing demands for resources—both human and financial. The plan will keep our organization focused on the future while managing day to day operations that bring the priorities to life.
Encompassing the Hospital, the Family Health Team and the Four Seasons Lodge, we have established a new vision—our shared purpose, and a new mission—our service mandate. Our core values guide our decisions and define the way we are committed to perform our work, through our actions and interactions with each other, our patients and our communities.
The development of this Strategic Plan was thorough and productive and involved a collaborative effort with input from many—staff, physicians, volunteers, community partners and patients and their families. We thank all those who participated.
The success and fulfillment of this plan will now require ongoing collaboration and the cooperation of all.
Our Strategic Plan sets a dynamic course for Deep River and District Hospital, the North Renfrew Family Health Team and the Four Seasons Lodge and we look forward to the journey with you.
Dr. Janet Gow
Chair, Board of Directors
Deep River and District Hospital
President & Chief Executive Officer
Deep River and District Hospital
Click here to view the organization's 2018-2022 Strategic Plan.