All people, regardless of ability, have equal right of access to all goods, services and facilities provided by the Deep River and District Hospital (DRDH). DRDH is committed to providing goods, services and facilities in a manner that:
- Maintains the dignity, autonomy, respect, privacy and safety of persons with disabilities;
- Is inclusive, sensitive and responsive to unique needs;
- Advances the principles of integration and equal opportunity;
- Prevents and removes barriers to accessibility;
- Meets the standards set out under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
In accordance with the accessibility standards under the AODA, DRDH has developed a Multi-Year Accessibility Plan outlining our strategy to prevent and remove barriers for people with disabilities. In addition, DRDH has created an Accessibility Policy which describes the standards we have in place to ensure we achieve our accessibility goals.
Click here to read our Accessibility Policy and Plan.
Accessibility Compliance Report
Under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), organizations must make their Accessibility Reports available to the public.
Click here to read our 2021 Accessibility Compliance Report