Back to Job Postings
Food Service Worker
|Start: $20.47 | 1 Year: $21.18 | 2 Year: $21.82
- Plans, organizes, directs and performs
food preparation, production, distribution and service activities.
- Performs sanitation, ware washing and
inventory management activities.
- Implements diet orders and nutrition
- Adheres to all policies and
- Supports and demonstrates the
mission, vision and values of Deep River and District Hospital.
- Other duties may be assigned and
may not be limited to the scope of an individual department.
- Successful completion or enrollment in a Food
Service Worker program at a college established under the Ontario Colleges of Applied
Arts and Technology Act, 2002 or a Food Service Workers program provided by a
registered private career college and approved by the Superintendent of Private
Career Colleges under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005 required (If enrolled in program when hired, the
required training must be completed within three years of being hired).
- Recent successful completion of the
Food Handlers course offered by Public Health required.
- Experience in food services in a
healthcare environment preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service
skills in dealings with the public required.
- Ability to work well independently,
with others in a team approach, and adapt to changing situations required.
- Computer literacy required.
- Exceptional Attendance required.
- Must agree to adhere to DRDH standards of behaviour.
The Deep River and District Hospital supports the principles of employment equity, employee health, wellness and individual safety and the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We ask that job applicants requiring accommodation inform The Deep River and District Hospital so that suitable arrangements can be prepared that take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
An excellent, compassionate health care experience, every time