Back to Job Postings
|Regular Part Time|
|Variable Shifts | 0.3 FTE|
- Coordinates delivery of
nutrition-related services to the Hospital, North Renfrew Family Health Team,
The Four Seasons Lodge and the community, including providing nutritional
assessments, developments, implementation and evaluation of nutritional and
diabetic education plans to patients and residents.
- Assess Long-Term Care residents
referred by Registered Staff and educate residents, family members and staff
with respect to diet recommendations.
- Maintain accurate documentation on
patient and resident records.
- Complete initial nutrition assessments for all Residents upon admission
to the home. Complete the Nutrition sections of MDS assessment and triggered
RAPS, develop an individualized nutritional care plan and determine level of
- Quarterly, complete MDS assessments RAPS, review care plan and update as
necessary for all Residents identified as being at high nutritional risk
- Adheres to all policies and
- Supports and demonstrates the
mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current member of the College of
Dietitians of Ontario as a Registered Dietitian (RD) is required.
- Member of the Dietitians of Canada
- Diabetes Educator certification by
the Canadian Diabetes Education Board an asset.
verbal and written communication skills required.
organizational and interpersonal skills, with sound judgment, attention to
detail and initiative required.
- Ability to work well with
others in a team approach, and adapt to changing situations required.
Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification required.
agree to adhere to the standards of behaviour of the organization.
The Deep River and District Hospital supports the principles of employment equity, employee health, wellness and individual safety and the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We ask that job applicants requiring accommodation inform The Deep River and District Hospital so that suitable arrangements can be prepared that take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
An excellent, compassionate health care experience, every time