After tremendous uptake for COVID-19 vaccination in the 80+ population, the list of those eligible to register for vaccination appointments now expands based on two categories:
A) Eligible people who can register and book an appointment based on availability of vaccine:
- People born in 1946 or earlier (75 years of age and older).
- All residents and staff of congregate living residences.
- Faith based leaders who as part of their regular role are at increased risk of exposure to COVID-19 through close contact with persons and families in the following circumstances:
- End of life care
- Care of the deceased, funerals, bathing, or other ceremony with direct contact with deceased persons.
- Home visits to unwell persons.
- Pastoral care in hospitals/LTC/RHs or other vulnerable settings.
- Long-Term Care and Retirement Home essential caregivers.
- Indigenous residents (on or off reserve)18 years of age and older.
- All health care workers.
- Anyone receiving chronic home care that have been identified by home health care organizations. This group will receive a call notifying them that they are eligible and should book after receiving this call.
Registration and booking means that you are eligible to sign up and receive a vaccination appointment.
B) Eligible people who can register only at this time (cannot book an appointment yet):
- Residents in the general population born between 1947 and 1951 (70 to 74 years of age).
Register only, means that you cannot book appointments at this time. This ensures that residents are readily available should RCDHU receive extra vaccine, and so that staff can plan and prepare for upcoming vaccination clinics. Residents on the 70 to 74 years of age registration only list may receive calls offering vaccination if extra doses are available at clinics.
Individuals who are currently eligible for vaccination can book a vaccination appointment at either link: www.rcdhu.com OR Ontario.ca/bookvaccine. Both sites use the local RCD booking system. If you do not have internet access, please ask a family member or friend to assist you. This is the fastest way to schedule your appointment. If you cannot register online, call RCDHU at 613-735-9724 or 1-800-267-1097 ext. 200. Please leave one message only with your name and number.
For more information, visit RCDHU’s website at https://www.rcdhu.com/novel-coronavirus-covid- 19-2/ or call 613-732-3629 or 1-800-267-1097.