In compliance with provincial directives, a gradual, phased resumption of visitation is beginning at the Deep River and District Hospital and Four Seasons Lodge Long-Term Care. Visitors play an important role in the health and well-being of patients and residents, and the organization looks forward to expanding visitation, while maintaining health and safety.
On May 22, 2021, the Four Seasons Lodge began outdoor visits with up to two general visitors per resident. The previous guidelines for visits remain in place, which include requirements for COVID-19 screening, masking, and more. Effective June 9, 2021 residents and visitors are now able to share brief hugs, regardless of vaccination status, and are able to have prolonged contact such as hand holding when both the resident and visitor are fully immunized.
Visits are still required to be scheduled to ensure appropriate physical distancing, staff support, and adequate time for disinfection of the visiting area. Those looking to arrange a visit at the Four Seasons Lodge, are asked to contact 613-584-3333 x 7305 or firstname.lastname@example.org and full visitor requirements will be provided.
Visitation is also being gradually opened for hospital in-patients. Starting on Thursday June 10, 2021, one general visitor per patient per day may be coordinated by the patient and their families/friends. This excludes designated Essential Caregiver visits.
Rules for Visiting
- All visitors must complete COVID-19 screening upon entry, and visitors who ‘fail’ the screening will be turned away.
- All visitors must follow direction provided by the screening desk and staff.
- All visitors must wear a mask that covers the nose, mouth, and chin for the full time of the visit, as well as additional PPE if required. Since masks will be worn for the full time of the visit, no eating or drinking is permitted.
- All visitors must remain in the designated visiting area (i.e. patient or resident room) and are not permitted to use the patient / resident washroom.
- All visitors must perform hand hygiene when entering and leaving the building, as well as entering and leaving the visiting area.
- All visitors for inpatients must maintain physical distance of 2 meters from others, including the patient they are visiting (excluding ‘care partner’ visits).
- Universal masking is in place at the organization.
- Masks must be worn for the full time of the visit.
Deep River and District Hospital
Four Seasons Lodge
- General visits may take place between 10:00 – 11:30 am or 5:30 – 7:00 pm. Scheduling is not required for indoor visits, but each patient may only have one visitor per day.
- This excludes designated Essential Caregivers
- Indoor and outdoor visits may take place between 1:30 – 2:00 pm or 4:00 – 4:30 pm. Visits at the Four Seasons Lodge must be scheduled by contacting 613-584- 3333 x 7305 or email@example.com.
Parking / Entrance
- Any visitors coming to visit a patient or resident are to enter through the Emergency Department entrance and screening station.
- Paid parking is in effect, and individuals are to enter their license plate number to pay for parking when they arrive at the parking kiosk located just inside the Emergency Department entrance.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation in our community and may adjust visiting policies as necessary to keep the safety of patients, residents, and staff at the forefront. At this time, ‘general’ visitation for Emergency Department patients or accompaniment for outpatient appointments remains restricted at the Deep River and District Hospital.
The organization would like to thank everyone for adhering to public health and other safety precautions so that we may continue to support our patients and residents to be connected in-person with their loved ones during this challenging time.