Back to Job Postings
Personal Support Worker
|Four Seasons Lodge
- Assists residents with activities
of daily living, including personal care, using the principles of resident
- Contributes to the quality of life
of residents by meeting social, emotional, spiritual and physical needs and
promoting independence, dignity, mobility, personal appearance, comfort, and
- Works as a member of the team,
communicates effectively, and observes and reports changes in resident
condition to the Registered Practical Nurse.
- Adheres to all policies and
- Supports and demonstrates the
mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Other duties may be assigned and
may not be limited to the scope of an individual department.
- Personal support worker certificate, completion of first year
nursing program, or equivalent as per O. Reg. 79/10 of the Long-Term Care Homes
Act, 2007 required.
- Experience in long term care setting preferred.
- Therapeutic verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work well with others in a
team approach, and adapt to changing situations required
- Computer literacy required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification required.
- Exceptional Attendance required.
- Must agree to adhere to the standards of behaviour of the
The Deep River and District Hospital supports the principles of employment equity, employee health, wellness and individual safety and the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We ask that job applicants requiring accommodation inform The Deep River and District Hospital so that suitable arrangements can be prepared that take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
An excellent, compassionate health care experience, every time