The Deep River and District Hospital and Four Seasons Lodge wish to support families and loved ones to remain connected with patients and residents this holiday season, while remaining safe from the risk of infection. As we continue to face the COVID-19 pandemic entering the holidays, guidance provided by the Renfrew County and District Health Unit is being followed in order to help reduce potential spread of the virus.
With the understanding that Christmas and the surrounding holiday season is an important time for so many of us, and that being away from loved ones can be very difficult, our organization will be working to ensure patients and residents can still receive messages of love and support, along with gifts, while adhering to COVID-19 safety measures.
To minimize potential risk of transmission through well-intentioned holiday gifts for residents or patients, the following guidelines will be in effect for gifts brought into the organization:
- Items must be in a package that can be wiped down and disinfected.
- Clothing and material items must be machine washable, sealed in original packaging (plastic), or freshly laundered and bagged.
- Food items must be pre-packaged in their original sealed packaging.
- No homemade baked goods can be accepted, including goods intended to be shared with staff.
- No flowers, plants, or heavily scented items can be accepted.
- Family members and other loved ones are asked not to prepare gifts if they are ill or have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Anyone who is preparing a gift is asked to wash their hands thoroughly prior to doing so.
This holiday season will be unlike any we have experienced, and we thank you for your cooperation in working together to keep our organization as safe as possible. We would like to wish all our patients, residents, and their families a safe and happy holiday season.